Job Coach / Employment Specialist
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST – JOB COACH
SERVIING YOUTH & ADULTS WITH DISABILITIES
(January 2023) Please submit cover letter as to why you would be a good candidate.
Join the Wright Choices, Inc. job coaching team – the leader in vocational services for persons with disabilities since 1995. Contracted by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Personality, passion to change lives of persons with disabilities, and availability are primary components of joining our team. Seeking high energy and enthusiastic human services professional working. College students welcome to apply.
PRIMARY GOAL OF POSITION
- Provide high quality Supported Employment Services and Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) to persons with disabilities primarily in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake.
- Develop workplace tours and internships for high school students that have an IEP.
- Prepare individuals with disabilities to work in a paid work.
- Job development by marketing to employers to obtain interviews and jobs for persons with disabilities.
- Provide creative on-site training and job coaching to youth and adults with disabilities.
CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS…
- High energy, enthusiastic personalities.
- Mature and professional communicator.
- Desire to work autonomously and ability to develop personal work structure. Ability to work weekdays and weekends.
- Excellent team member working with other Employment Specialist.
- Values belief that all persons with disabilities have the ability to be employed given the right supports.
- Passion for seeing the success of persons with disabilities.
- Good working knowledge of disability diagnoses.
- Extra consideration for persons with prior job coaching and supported employment experience.
- Flexible schedule to meet student and client needs.
WE WORK WITH…
- Adults and high school students with disabilities. Primary disabilities include persons with intellectual disabilities, mental health, autism, learning disabilities, and physical disabilities.
- Department of Aging & Rehabilitation (DARS) Counselors.
- Local employers.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Most work is performed autonomously in the community. The Employment Specialist works in a wide range of working environments.
- Maintenance of caseload to include daily progress notes, development and monitoring of Person-Centered Plans, and daily check-ins with supervisor.
- Situational Assessment: Conduct community-based assessments to evaluate individuals’ strengths, vocational interests, and abilities.
- Job development: Speaking to employers about hiring opportunities, setting up interviews, and preparing individuals for interviews.
- On-site Training: Work 1:1 with individuals at job sites implementing creative and individualized training strategies and workplace task analyses.
- Development of internships for high school students with disabilities.
- Use of personal vehicle is utilized for transporting individuals with disabilities and marketing to local employers.
- Home office to complete daily paperwork requirements.
Prefer bachelor’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Psychology, Human Services, or Social Work, but not required if previous experience in the human services field.
PAY & BENEFITS
- $16 – $20 per hour based on experience + performance bonuses.
- Monthly mileage stipend averaging between $250 – $450 per month.
- 75% employer paid individual health insurance.
- 3% retirement plan match for vested employees
See our website for more information at www.wrightchoices.net
Wright Choices, Inc. is an EEOC employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Self-determined schedule
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Do you have experience providing vocational services to persons with disabilities?
- Associate (Preferred)
Resumes and cover letters for persons with experience in human services and employment services to persons with disabilities can be sent to [email protected]
Student Career Coordinator
(January 2023) Currently hiring for a seasoned professional to provide coordination of Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) for high school students with disabilities. Duties entail development and setting up informational interviews with employers, visiting career fairs, development of internship sites, and providing direct skills training at the internship sites.